The fitness assessment takes about 60 to 75 minutes to complete and is an evaluation of the five components of physical fitness:
- Flexibility: sit-and-reach test
- Muscular endurance: 60-second maximum abdominal curls
- Muscular strength: multiple repetition-bench press test using a fixed weight
- Body composition: skinfold and girth measurements
- Cardiorespiratory endurance: submaximal treadmill or cycle ergometer test
Upon completion of the fitness assessment, the measured values will be compared to age-and gender-specific norms to determine the client's current fitness status. An exercise prescription will be developed based upon these data and the fitness goals of the participant. This exercise prescription provides a structured plan designed to enable the participant to achieve his or her expressed goals.
Cost: Refer to the fees page.